12.05.2012

PREGNANCY UPDATE!!!






Here is a picture of the little guy at 16 weeks. He loves being a rebel during ultrasound pictures.


I haven't been really good at taking pictures of myself with my pregnant belly or updating everyone on my pregnancy so here is something that my friend did on her blog that I wanted to do for my family and friends. Here's a pregnancy update:


How far along?  23 weeks.

Total weight gain: 10 lbs.

Baby: Our baby can hear my voice now and even feel my movements like swaying or dancing. He is responding to certain sounds or movements which is so interesting. If you poke my belly, he will usually give a kick back. He doesn't like being poked. :) He is just over a pound and is about 11 inches long. According to babycenter.com he is the size of a mango. 

Maternity clothes? Maternity clothes are my new best friend. They are so comfortable and I love them!

Stretch marks?  Just started to get some on my sides.

Sleep: I never seem to get enough sleep. I find myself not going to bed until way late but then I sleep in way too late in the morning. I wake up at least once every night to go to the bathroom, sometimes more. 

Miss anything? I miss being healthy. My immune system hasn't been very good lately. I seem to catch every little cold that goes around. I also miss being more diligent. Ever since I have been pregnant, I have just been really tired and don't seem to want to do anything.

Movement: Let me just say, our little boy is definitely going to be an athlete. He is the most active human being in the world. He is ALWAYS moving and kicking me. I love it :) 

Cravings: Fruit, Soup, Pasta, and Chocolate Oranges...hahaha :)

Anything make you queasy or sick? Brushing my teeth. I gag every time I stick my toothbrush in my mouth. But what makes me more queasy than anything else is dirty dishes. The smell of old food makes me want to puke.

Symptoms: I haven't really had any weird symptoms. I go to the bathroom a lot and I am always tired but other than that I have never thrown up which is great!

Wedding ring on or off? Still on, although the other day I had a harder time getting it off because my hands were warm and they were a little swollen.

Happy or moody most of the time? I have been really happy most of the time. Thinking about being a mom makes me the happiest person in the world. When I get stressed though, I get really moody. My poor husband is so great to deal with me every day.

Looking forward to: Meeting this little guy in 17 weeks :) 

Things to Stress About: I am in school full time now as a music major. First of all, I have been sick for a week and everything right now relies on my voice which is not functioning right now so that makes me stressed. Second of all, my husband and I have been discussing our future a lot lately. I have 2 more years of school left. I'm only half way done and I don't know if I can make it to the end while I'm a mom. We have been talking about me dropping out and I just don't know what to do because I love school and I am good at it, but in the end it might be best if I just let Chase continue.

Names we are thinking about: Brigham and Landon. I love them both! I can't decide and I don't think I'll be able to until I see the little guy. 

How is the Husband Doing?: Chase has been super busy with managing the kiosk so he is gone a lot. He is such a hard worker. Every day I just look at him and think about how lucky I am to be married to him. He is going to be an amazing dad :) He has felt the baby move a lot and I love looking at his face when he feels our boy kick. He is so sweet and thoughtful and I wouldn't be able to make it through this pregnancy without him. 

Christmas For Us This Year: This year we were supposed to go to Arizona to stay with my family for Christmas. Arizona is SO FAR AWAY!! Everyone please encourage my family to move ;) Anyways...both Chase and I are working the week of Christmas so we won't be able to travel anywhere this year. It will be our first Christmas with just the two of us. I'm actually really excited to start our own traditions this year. 

Other Updates: This Saturday the 8th is Vocal Union's Christmas Concert. I have two solos (If I can sing on Saturday)!! I can't wait. If you are in town, you should come and see it. It is in the Kirkham on campus at 7:30 PM. I think it costs $3 for students and $6 for anyone else but if you talk to me I could probably get you a free ticket. It's going to be great and I would love to see a lot of people there. My in-laws are coming and I can't wait! :) 

I think that's about it! Wish me luck with finals next week and please pray for me to get better for my concert and juries. I hope you all enjoyed reading a little bit about our lives right now. We love you all! Good luck with finals for all of you students and have a great Christmas Break! :)


1 comment:

  1. Loved reading the update! I am glad you guys are doing good. Colds are the WORST when you are pregnant. I remember I caught a cold during the semester and I couldn't even get out of bed. So strange for just a little cold. Pregnancy does crazy things. Good luck with finals! We will pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete