How far along? 31 weeks.
Total weight gain: 22 lbs.
Baby: This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy. (from babycenter.com)
Maternity clothes? All i wear these days are maternity clothes. I can’t believe that some of my pregnant friends who are just a few weeks behind me can still wear their old jeans. I have been carrying this baby boy really low compared to my friends so I was wearing maternity pants at 18 weeks instead of 30 like they are.
Stretch marks? I am definitely getting some good stretch marks. So weird.
Sleep: This part of my pregnancy has been a lot harder for sleeping. Because I am so big, I feel like I can never get comfortable. I can see why some women buy body pillows during pregnancy. I end up just putting three or four more pillows all around my body to support my back, belly, and to put my feet on. Ugh...it is no fun. But when I do get comfortable, I sleep wonderfully :)
Miss anything? Honestly, there isn’t much that I miss right now. Being pregnant has been such a great experience for me. The only thing I really miss is good sleep.
Movement: Oh my goodness....he moves so much!! And now that he is bigger, it’s not just kicks. I can actually feel his head and body roll across my stomach. It is the weirdest feeling. hahaha the funniest thing ever is when he kicks me close to my soft spot right in between my hip and my thigh. It makes me keel over and yell just because it feels so weird. He is a little rebel.
Cravings: Lately I haven’t really been craving anything. In fact, I don’t even have that great of an appetite. I know I should be constantly eating something but I don’t find myself hungry enough. When I actually do get hungry I can’t eat a lot either which is weird.
Anything make you queasy or sick? I have been getting a little nauseas lately, but I think that is due to how big the baby is and where he is and where my stomach is right now. I still have never thrown up while being pregnant, it just stinks having my stomach feel uneasy.
Symptoms: I’m still peeing A LOT and I think I have been a little moody lately. Chase is so good to put up with me.
Wedding ring on or off? My wedding ring still fits! I think the reason may be because it is so cold outside but I do drink a lot of water too so I probably just haven’t started swelling yet.
Happy or moody most of the time? For the most part, I am a happy person. But when something irritates me, I stay irritated for quite a while.
Looking forward to: SUMMER!!!!! It has been snowing so much here in Rexburg and I am really looking forward to being able to go outside again. I feel so lazy just staying inside all day when I’m not working, but there is nothing else for me to do when I don’t have the car. It stinks. This summer is going to be so fun with our little baby boy :) I can’t wait! I am also looking forward to a nice trip to Utah to see my whole family. I haven’t seen my parents since I first got pregnant in July last year. It’s going to be so fun seeing them again!
Things to Stress About: Right now work is stressing me out. I am getting bigger and more uncomfortable when I sit or stand for longer periods of time so working hasn’t been very fun. On Mondays I work for 11 hours straight. The mall is usually dead and I end up just sitting around all day doing nothing. I can’t wait until this Wednesday when both Chase and I can be done with this job. I think we need a break. haha
How is the Husband Doing?: Chase has started Winter semester at BYU-Idaho and is working so hard to keep his grades up and go to school every day. He is such a trooper. He has had to trek home in the snow some days and one day nearly froze his thumbs off while trying to ride his bike to school. It’s a good thing he is an Idaho boy and I have been living here for a while or else we would be dying in this weather.
Other Updates: We are all doing well. Baby and I are happy and healthy and so is Chase. I just can’t wait to get this little guy out so I can see his face and start spending some real time with him. We are going to be parents soon!! :D
Thanks for the update, Amanda! I am glad things are going so well. It sounds like you are having an awesome pregnancy. Reading your posts make me miss being pregnant with Miranda. Don't get me wrong, I definitely love having her out of my stomach more, but I remember it was so exciting and fun to feel her move around in my stomach and see her little head or bum make a bump. I think moments like those help you form a special bond with your baby. So excited for the little guy to get here!
ReplyDelete