I don't see why some people that go (or don't go) to BYU-Idaho bash the school. If you don't like it, then LEAVE or leave those who do go to the school and love it alone. Surprisingly enough, people that have been accepted to BYU and BYU-Idaho have CHOSEN to come to BYU-Idaho. It is NOT a reject school at all. BYU-Idaho is not a school where anyone can get married right away because apparently that's all that we can do. (21% of the people that were enrolled at BYU-Idaho last year were married. Guess what? 21% of the people that were enrolled at BYU last year were married too. THE PERCENTAGE IS THE SAME. We just have less students) It's not a school where everyone gets accepted because they don't care about having stupid people at the school. They accept a lot of people because they are trying to help others become disciples of Christ and be the best people they can be. It's a place where the influence of the spirit is on the entire campus. And guess what? The ones with the bad attitudes about the dress code, the curfew, or thinking it is a reject school are the ones that don't last very long here.
For those of you trying to decide whether to go to BYU or BYU-Idaho for college:
If you are trying to decide where to go to school and got accepted into BYU and BYU-Idaho, don't let your friends influence your decision. When I didn't get into BYU and all of my other friends did, they made me feel like a reject. I felt like I wasn't as good as they were and it made me feel horrible about my decision to go to BYU-Idaho. Let me tell you something though. Those friends who say that BYU is way better, that say BYU-Idaho is the reject school, and make you feel like a stupid person for wanting to go there ARE NOT REALLY YOUR FRIENDS. Decide on your own. Pray about it! Don't decide not to go to BYU-Idaho just because you would feel like a reject. Make that decision because the spirit told you it wasn't the place for you to be. I am so happy that I chose to go to BYU-Idaho. The teachers are great, the spirit is so strong on campus, the class size is smaller which makes it easier to get help from your teacher and to know your classmates, and this is just a beautiful place to be. I have loved every minute here and I would be proud of my kids for wanting to go to this school.
I would be thrilled if any of my kids went to BYU-I. It's a GREAT school!
ReplyDeleteI loved BYU-Idaho because I didn't get lost in a sea of students. Since getting in contact with professors was very easy, I felt like I excelled in my classes when normally, I might have struggled. I feel like I received a quality education (for a VERY reasonable cost, might I add). When I decided to try out grad school, I was always drawing on the knowledge that I learned in my classes at BYU-Idaho. In some ways, I felt more prepared than some of my classmates. There will always be complainers and downers about the school, but like you said, they don't last long. Great post, Amanda.
ReplyDeleteBYU is behind the times. BYU was a great school when our parents went there, but now its BYU-I. The biology department alone has 10x better equipment than BYU. We just got brand new light microscopes that are research grade. My histology teacher taught junior level histology at UCLA medical school. Anyone that thinks BYU is better than BYU-I needs to grow up, check some facts, and get with the times.
ReplyDeleteI never applied to BYU. I loved going to Ricks and BYU-Idaho and I have never regretted it for a minute.
ReplyDelete