How far along? Week 39!!
Total weight gain: 37 lbs.
Baby: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
Maternity clothes? Well lately I have just been wearing my big baggy pants and my cute shirt/robe combo top around the house. I just need to be comfortable and that's what makes me comfy. I have definitely worn out my maternity pants. I only really have two pairs of pants and they are pretty much done now. Good thing I'll be going into labor soon!
Stretch marks? Stretch marks are so interesting. I definitely have a lot of them now and I'm not ashamed of it either.
Sleep: Sleeping when you are 39 weeks pregnant is near impossible. At least it is for me. I just end up staying awake until about 2 or 3 AM and then I wake up at 7:30 or 8 because I can't sleep comfortably. I think now that the baby is so big, I just get woken up by every little movement and I can't seem to get the right positioning when I want to lay down. It is HARD and sometimes not even worth it. I have kind of given up on the idea of sleeping well until after he comes.
Miss anything? I miss working out!!!!! My body still has the great muscle tone underneath that I used to have but now it's just hidden and I WANT IT BACK! I can't wait to start running and lifting heavy weights again.
Movement: My baby is a crazy active little boy. I swear he can't go a second without moving around and that makes me happy to know that he is healthy. :) It's so funny though. I don't have any extra fat on my belly besides the baby so most of the time my stomach looks lopsided. I feel everything he does and now I can even tell what body parts are where. It's so fascinating!
Cravings: Never had any cravings, never will.
Anything make you queasy or sick? I do have a story about me getting queasy just this past week! So I went to the doctor for my check up and the nurse came in and gave me the option of checking my dilation. Of course I said yes! So I stripped down and she came back to check other things and when she came in she said..."Oh yeah, and just so you know...because no one told me...this is a very painful and uncomfortable process. You will probably be very sore and bleed a lot. It's worse than the pap smear." (which I did not have a pleasant experience with) Ummm....WHAT THE?!?! She could have told me that BEFORE I had already gotten undressed to have it done. So she leaves the room and of course her comments made me SUPER nervous. I just all of a sudden got really freaked out, started shaking, and felt very nauseous. The doctor comes in to do the dilation examination, he asks me how I'm doing, does the exam, is done in about 5 seconds, and I didn't have any pain AT ALL. I could have killed that nurse. When he was done, I was really confused and was asking him "Was that it? I expected worse." He said I should expect some blood spotting but that I was done and could leave. I couldn't believe it! Either that lady had a really awful experience when she got her exam or I am just a tough little pregnant woman! Chase thinks I'm just tough. I didn't have ANY spotting and felt perfectly fine after that. But let me tell you...I was not happy with that nurse that day.
Symptoms: Well...I'm still going to the bathroom constantly, I get randomly frustrated because I don't have my baby yet, and I am ALWAYS hot.
Wedding ring on or off? My wedding ring is tucked safely away in my jewelry box for the time being. Some people put it on a chain and wear it around their neck, but I love my ring too much to risk losing it.
Happy or moody most of the time? HAPPY until I think about how close I am to the due date and yet I don't have a baby yet.
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to seeing what our baby looks like. I really hope he looks like the name we chose for him. We finally limited it down to one name and I LOVE it so he'd better look like his name. I am also looking forward to seeing all of my family when they come to see our baby boy.
Things to Stress About: I think I get stressed sometimes just making sure everything is done. I am so worried about going into labor and not having everything perfect at home before I leave. I want to make sure the apartment is clean and organized when we bring our little guy home.
How is the Husband Doing?: I have the most amazing partner in the whole wide world. I still can't believe how lucky I am to be married to him and to be having his baby. I am so glad I waited for the most amazing eternal companion. He is my best friend who is always there for me and has been such a great support during these past two years of marriage. I am one lucky girl. He wants to see his son and I can't wait to make him a father. He will be the greatest daddy ever and I am so grateful and proud to be his wife.
Other Updates: My mom is in town! :) She is so sweet to have come up here to Rexburg to help me with this whole transition into motherhood. I have the sweetest, most wonderful mom ever and she is such a great help to me. Hopefully she won't get too bored before the baby comes staying with just Chase and I. When you are pregnant and it is snowing outside, you don't do much. I love having her here. :) Other than that, Chase is just finishing up another semester at BYU-I, I just had a great birthday last week(I am 21 years old now! 21, married for two years, and having my first baby. Not too shabby!), and I am ready to see my son.
Hope you liked the update!
Life is never dull with Julie around -- She is an amazing, game-playing Mamma with a great laugh! Wish I could hop up there and play Rummikub with ya'll! Happy Waiting!
ReplyDeleteHe is so close to being here! That is so lame that the nurse scared you half to death. I'm glad everything went fine. So excited for the both of you! We can't wait!
ReplyDelete