6.15.2012

Catching Up!

WOW! It has been WAY too long since I last blogged. I need to get in the habit of doing this every week. So a lot has happened since I last wrote something on here. My parents came into town sometime in October to spend time with Chase and I and see me sing with Vocal Union. I had a solo in the concert which was so fun and I think my parents really enjoyed seeing me sing again. I'll be auditioning for that Jazz group again this fall. I can't wait! :) While they were here we took a day trip through Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. We went with the Williams' to Yellowstone but we went a different way this time through the park so I got to see some new things. I loved getting to hang out with my parents. It really stinks living so far away from them. I only get to see them 2 or 3 times a year.


Here are some pictures from that trip!





My wonderful husband and I by the lake.



Yellowstone's Grand Canyon



Teton Mountain Range



The Tetons



More mountains and a Moose in the distance



My parents. I think they want to move to Idaho now that we live here. I hope they do! :) It definitely is a beautiful place. 



Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Mom sitting under an Antler arch.






Another thing I didn't write about was our trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. 2011 was the year that my whole family got together for Thanksgiving so we went down there for that but Chase's family was also in Utah for Thanksgiving so we got to hang out with them as well. It was great hanging out with both sides. This year we will be spending Thanksgiving with the Williams' and going to Arizona for Christmas. FINALLY!! I have really missed Arizona, but I have not missed the Scorpions. I still have nightmares about those little devils. Anyways...Thanksgiving. I got to see my sisters for the first time since I got married! I really missed my sisters.


Aaaaaaand some more pictures.



Siblings!! :) I love my sisters.



Sarah and I wishing that we could eat the Turkey



My awesome family :)



Look at my hardworking husband, dad, and grandpa! Love them all.



Beautiful place setting at Grandma and Grandpa's house. 



After the Thanksgiving Crackers. 



Chase helping me prep for Thanksgiving dinner.




We spent Christmas and New Years in Boise this year with Chase's parents. There wasn't any snow but oh my goodness...it was so beautiful while we were there and we had a blast! It was our first Christmas together. We woke up super early and had our own private gift opening session. It was fun recording each other open our presents. HOLY COW...we definitely spoiled each other. Chase and I are very good at spending money on gifts for each other. Later that morning we went and watched our niece and nephews open their gifts and then opened other presents with the whole family. That night we had a big family dinner and stayed up late playing games and watching movies. The next morning...I got stomach sick along with my sister-in-law. Weirdest thing ever. We both woke up at the exact same time and starting throwing up and then we both felt better at the same time the next evening. We were both in Utah at our relatives house a couple weeks earlier which is probably where we got it. Speaking of Utah...we also went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It was AMAZING!! I loved sharing that experience with Chase. New Years was very different this year. Instead of going to a party and staying up super late with family...Chase's boss made him drive from Boise to Pocatello to close down the mall kiosk. We left around 3 PM and got home at 2 AM. It took us forever and was super stressful for Chase. I felt so bad for him. I was glad I went with him though. He wanted to go alone so I could have a fun night but I felt like I should go with him...which turned out being a very good idea. It always makes me very nervous for him to drive late at night without me. That's it for that trip!


Pictures!



After the Christmas Concert by Temple Square



Our Ginger Bread House! It was awesome.



I don't know what I was doing but it looks like I am smelling my scarf.



Dianne has the most beautiful Christmas Trees!





Hahahahahaha! Our Christmas Tree. Don't compare it to the two before. We are just poor college students ok?! The lighting here is cool though.



I LOVE BOISE. Gonna live there someday. :)





My amazing sister-in-laws, mother-in-law, my cute little niece and I having fun on Christmas morning.



I forgot to mention that we had an insanely awesome Christmas Concert for the choirs at BYU-Idaho. Brian Stokes Mitchell was a guest artist and sang with us in the concert. I had a solo and we sang the greatest pieces in Vocal Union. I love that group and miss it so much! That was the most amazing concert I have ever sung in.



Vocal Union Fall 2011




I got a haircut! I usually just trim my own hair because I don't trust anyone to cut it right but I decided my hair was too damaged and I should probably let a professional do it. I AM SO GLAD I DID! Here is the outcome! Oh yeah. And then I dyed it later to a darker brownish golden color to match my natural color more. The blonde highlights were growing out and it looked weird. haha








In March I turned 20 years old. It was about time!! Now I don't feel so weird being married and thinking about children and stuff like that. Chase spoiled me on my birthday. We went out with friends to Chuck-A-Rama for my birthday dinner and then went bowling at fat cats. That night was a weird give-a-way night so a guy would say "whoever gets 8 pins first gets a prize" and if you got it you won something and it was a different request every time. Chase and I won a free slushie and 2 free movie tickets! It was great! We used the tickets to see the Hunger Games. One of my favorite gifts I got for my birthday was the snow gear that Chase bought me. I got snow pants, a snow coat, thermals, gloves, socks, goggles, and a sled! We took all of our stuff up to Kelly Canyon and went sledding for a day. Oh yeah! I got a job at Chuck-A-Rama as a Cashier/Hostess/Waitress! I love my job. I earn a lot of money and have so much fun with my co-workers and the people that come in.


In April, Chase and I started our Spring Semester at BYU-Idaho. I was getting really bored so I was happy to return to school...but now I'm wishing it was over of course. Aaaand...that's about it for April.


In May we celebrated Chase's birthday! We went to the place that we had our first date...Swan Valley :) Oh how I love that place. We took a picnic, some games, and pillows and blankets down there and just relaxed for the day. We had a lot of fun :) When we got back we had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ/birthday/game night. Our friends are great cooks! It was so much fun getting together to celebrate Chase's birthday. Our friends are the best. We also celebrated our first anniversary. ONE WHOLE YEAR!! Go us! :) Big surprise for me though...Megan Lambert (my very very VERY best friend) called me up on Friday and told me that she could come to Idaho if I wanted her to come. Of course I said HECK YES and so she came and hung out with us for the weekend. :) I loved having her there. I missed seeing her and hanging out. That Saturday we went to Jackson Hole just for fun. While we were there we had lunch and shopped and just relaxed. Megan tried on a $41,000 fur coat. Crazy expensive right? We then returned to Rexburg and spent the evening playing games, eating dinner, and watching the Patriot. Good movie. Megan had to leave on Sunday morning and then I worked all day long. For our anniversary on that Monday we went out to dinner at Olive Garden (one of our favorites) and then bought a cheesecake and went home to enjoy the rest of the evening together. Oh...and cheesecake is significant because on our wedding night we ate cheesecake in our hotel room.


I'll upload pictures of our weekend with Megan later.


And NOW it is June!! Is it just me or is this year going by SO QUICKLY?! I am so excited for the rest of the year. Carly (my oldest sister) comes home from her mission NEXT MONTH! July 20th! I can't wait! School is going well for both of us and we are very anxious for it to be over. haha Only about 2 1/2 more years. Lame. Chase's window washing business is going well. He has been very busy with it lately. I am working a lot and have been super tired lately but I'll be ok. Hopefully I will keep posting more every week so you guys can know what's going on in our lives more.

No comments:

Post a Comment